Early Childhood Education Center
Kathy Davis, Director
595 Deerpath Drive
Vernon Hills, Illinois 60061
SCHOOL CLOSED DUE TO COVID-19
As of June 1, Christ Lutheran Preschool remains closed.
We will follow the most current recommendations in an effort to safeguard the health of not only our students, families and staff but also the wider community. Decisions about future programming will be communicated as they become available. Take care and be healthy.
Please continue to check our website for future updates.
Summer Kids Kamp 2020:
- Cover Letter: kidskamp2020 cover letter
- Registration Form: Kids Kamp Registatration Form 2020 PDF
- Emergency Contact Sheet: Kids Kamp Emergency form 2020 PDF
Christ Lutheran PreSchool – 2019-20 School Year:
- PreSchool Registration Form 2019-20: Registration form 2019 PDF
- PreSchool Tuition Schedule 2019-20: TuitionPriceSheet19-20Rev
- PreSchool Brochure: pamphlet 2019_20 PDF
- PreSchool Calendar 2019-20: 2019 2020 calendar PDF
- Kindergarten Extended Day Opportunity: CLCKindergartenExtended2017
- School is currently closed due to COVID-19; We will reopen as best practice dictate
- No School for Good Friday – April 10
- Last Day of Classes – May 19
- Graduation Celebration for PreK – May 20
- All School Picnic at Warrington Road Shelter (11a to 1p) – May 21
Registration Open for Summer Kids Kamp!
Looking for a fun, inclusive summer program for kids of all ages? Christ Lutheran Kids Kamp offers options for children starting age 3, and moving up into our older kids with our Counselor in Training program. More information is posted on the cover letter and registration form above.
YANKEE CANDLE FUNDRAISER…
Great for gifts!
Christ Lutheran PreSchool is offering items from Yankee Candle as an easy-to-order fundraiser. Yes, there are candles, but also decor, kitchen items, gifts and more. Order using a paper form at school or go online – and items arrive super quickly. Online Directions: visit yankeecandlefundraising.com, scroll down the page to “Start Shopping,” and use our Group Number 999972597. Thank you for your generosity.
Please Join the Children for Chapel
Each month we will gather for a brief chapel service where we sing songs, review lessons and celebrate birthdays (and half-birthdays). Parents, grandparents, siblings, care givers – everyone is invited to join us for the service, which starts at 11 a.m. Please join us!
Winter Weather Reminder
Keep in mind that sometimes winter weather requires us to cancel classes. In general, we follow the lead of our local elementary school district (Hawthorn District 73) and cancel if Hawthorn cancels classes. Those decisions are usually made by 6 a.m. at the latest. Cancellation messages will be communicated through the emails you have provided to us and noted on our PreSchool message (847-367-5791). We will also provide the information to the website EmergencyClosingCenter.com, where you can review the list of all closings around the area.
Christ Lutheran Preschool will provide a Christian based curriculum for preschool children as part of their first experience with formal education. Christ Lutheran Preschool shall serve as the premier early childhood education center in Lake County for whole child development.
Christ Lutheran Preschool shall provide a safe environment to:
- Guide each child in developing mentally, physically, socially, emotionally and spiritually while having fun.
- Create an atmosphere in which the child can explore and satisfy curiosity about the world through hands-on learning.
- Help each child pursue individual interests and develop individual abilities with love, guidance and encouragement.
- Introduce learning concepts for a strong beginning in school fundamentals as licensed by the Illinois State Board of Education.
- Encourage an enthusiasm for continuous learning in each child, using an innovative curriculum.
- Teach each child that God loves us all.
Our philosophy recognizes each child as a unique individual creation of God. Our developmentally appropriate preschool curriculum gives the children the opportunity to grow at their own pace, emotionally, intellectually, socially, spiritually and physically. Our success is a combination of the highest quality programming as well as experienced, educated teachers. A warm and loving learning environment is created to provide an energetic and fun preschool experience.
Our program is designed to help make a smooth and successful transition from home to school by providing a safe and comfortable environment. We create opportunities for peer interaction and contact with knowledgeable and caring Christian teachers. Our positive school atmosphere helps children develop self-confidence and allows their attitudes, skills and curiosity to expand. We encourage responsible behavior in our children, especially group cooperation and concern for others. Our objectives are to stimulate young children to love learning and to grow through positive encouragement.
Christ Lutheran Preschool is self-supporting with private tuition payments. The Christ Lutheran Preschool staff is committed to conducting its programs and activities in the safest manner possible. The welfare of your child is our utmost concern. We insist that all children follow rules and guidelines that have been designed with the student’s wellbeing in mind. Christ Lutheran Preschool does not carry medical accident insurance for injuries sustained in its program. The cost would make our fees prohibitive. Parents should review their own health insurance policy for coverage of any injuries sustained or arising out of activities in this program.