Programs for Ages 3 through 5+
- Tot Co-Op – An opportunity for our youngest children to socialize and begin to separate from parents. Includes cooperative parent volunteer program. Please see the Tot Co-Op webpage for more information.
- “Young” Threes and Three-year-old Program
- “Young” Fours and Four-year-old Program
- Pre-Kindergarten Program
- Kindergarten Enrichment Program – An afternoon enrichment program for children in local morning kindergarten classes. (Hawthorn buses are able to transport from some schools.)
- Extended Day Enrichment – A before- and after-school opportunity for all of our preschool families, including Lunch Bunch.
- Extra Days of Fun – Enrichment activities for days when school is not usually in session during the school year, for instance, Columbus Day or Election Day.
- Summer Kids Kamp – Summer camp experience for children ages 3 through 9. Older children can take part in Counselor In Training (for children 10 to 12) and Intern Program (for children 13 to 15).
Schedule a Tour
The best way to experience our program is to visit. Please contact Christ Lutheran PreSchool Director Kathy Davis to schedule a visit – all are welcome, including your children! To arrange a visit, please 847-367-5791 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read on for more information about our programs…
An opportunity for our youngest children (age 2 1/2 to 3 years old) to socialize and begin to separate from parents. Includes cooperative parent volunteer program. Please see the Tot Co-Op webpage for more information.
Programs for Three Year Olds
Three-Year-Old Program Overview: The focus of the 3 year old programs is separation from parents, social interaction, sharing, taking turns, transitioning between activities, independence, following directions, small motor development, large motor development, beginning perceptual and conceptual development (letters, numbers, shapes, colors, etc.) and language development. All classes are for children who love learning through play while having fun in a loving Christian environment.
Young 3′s Program
T/Th AM (Starfish)
Our classes are designed for the younger child turning 3 years old between September 1st and December 31st or who might benefit from a smaller class and a more intimate preschool experience. The schedule gently introduces preschool to your child, while it invites familiarity and routine for your child to adjust to preschool. The class generally accommodates only 8 children and follows the 3-year old curriculum in content and pace.
Main 3′s Program
M/W/F AM (Sea Turtles) or M/W/F PM (Angelfish);
T/Th AM (Sea Horses) or T/Th PM (Whales)
These classes are for children who are 3 years old before September 1st. The Tuesday/Thursday schedule gently introduces preschool to your child. If your child is actively involved in outside sports, gymnastics or playgroups – this is the class for you. The 5-day span from Thursday to Tuesday allows for a longer weekend and extra curricular activities. The Monday-Wednesday-Friday patterned time schedule helps children adjust quicker to preschool while allowing more time during the week for learning and fun!
The Young 4 year old program
This program continues the “learning while having fun” focus with more hands-on experiences through perceptual and conceptual development, large and small motor skills, observation skills and continued personal and social development. These programs guide your child’s learning through exploration, discovery, art and play. Activities include math, science, language arts, music, spiritual enrichment and art. We offer many experiences that stimulate children’s curiosity.
M/T/Th AM (Monkeys)
The young 4′s program is similar in curriculum and content to the 3-day Pre-K class, but at a more relaxed pace. The young 4′s class offers a warm and inviting environment for children who are turning 4 between September 1st and December 31st.
The Pre-Kindergarten Programs
The Pre-Kindergarten classes are for children who are in their last year of preschool before entering Kindergarten. The classes emphasize the creative process of learning through hands-on experiences in science, math and language arts. The children play and experiment with actual objects: holding, touching, comparing, graphing, drawing and cutting. The children explore the world around them in many ways. These comprehensive Kindergarten readiness programs concentrate on whole child development. These classes are for children turning 4 before September 1st.
3-Day Pre-Kindergarten Program
M/W/F AM (Birds) or M/W/F PM (Bees);
T/W/Th AM (Butterflies)
The (Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday) midweek class is ideal for children (and parents) who love a long weekend! This class is structured to have three consecutive days of preschool to form a continuity of learning. The alternating schedule (Monday-Wednesday-Friday) is designed for children who may enjoy outside activities in the middle of the week.
4-Day Pre-Kindergarten Program
Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday AM (Lions)
Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday PM (Tigers)
The 4-day per week program provides an alternative to the 3-day and 5-day schedule. These students will be in class with the 5-Day students Monday through Thursday.
5-Day Pre-Kindergarten Program
Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday-Friday AM (Lions)
Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday-Friday PM (Tigers)
This 5-day per week program prepares your child for a 5-day Kindergarten schedule. It provides additional time each week for your child to experience even more science, math and language arts before entering Kindergarten. This continuity of coming to preschool every day enhances the relationship between teacher and student.
Christ Lutheran PreSchool offers an opportunity for kindergarteners to extend their learning and their fun. Students who attend morning kindergarten in the public school are dropped off (by bus or parent) for an afternoon of activities. Kindergarten Enrichment Class begins with children enjoying a sack lunch brought from home. Activities include enrichment activities in the areas of math, reading, science and art, with time for games and outdoor play.
- Registration is flexible based on child/parent need.
- Class is available 5 days per week during the school year.
- Enrichment class time runs from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Childcare may also be extended to as late as 6 p.m.
Extended Day for All Students
In order to support busy families, Christ Lutheran PreSchool offers Extended Day coverage for all of our students. Children enjoy enrichment activities, free play time, rest/quiet time and more. During Extended Day, children are taught by our Christ Lutheran teachers and staff, ensuring a comfortable, loving (and flexible) option for your child and your family.
While parents receive a discount if they pre-register for a block of sessions, flexible last-minute coverage is also available, if there is space in the class.
- 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. – Early Drop Off
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Lunch Bunch
- 11:30 to 2 p.m. – Lunch Bunch plus Enrichment Activity
- 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Extended Day (early)
- 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. – Extended Day (late)
Examples of enrichment activities:
- Monday – Shake, Bake and Grow: Through literature, children learn ways to create healthy snacks, shake out their sillies, and keep moving.
- Tuesday – Alphabet Adventures: Children investigate a letter of the alphabet through literature, math games, crafts, movement and games.
- Wednesday – Explorers: Children explore their world, starting with a question of the day and ending with a science experiment. In between, games, movement, and literature revolving around cooking, fitness, color science, sports, pets, airplanes and more!
- Thursday – Expressive Creations: Creative art is essential for early childhood development. Children will experiment with a variety of materials as they express themselves – we’ll use chalk, paints, and things you don’t expect as we discover art and self expression.
- Friday – Music, Games and Fun: The emphasis is on group activities involving games and music. Books, art projects, and lots more to spark creative play.
Extra Days of Fun – for Students and Siblings!
On occasion, Christ Lutheran PreSchool (and our public schools) will schedule a “no school” day. These days include Columbus Day, Election Day (as our building serves as a polling place), and Martin Luther King Day. To support our families, our teachers develop an Extra Day of Fun for not only our preschool students but also their siblings in kindergarten through 5th grade. (And siblings receive a 10 percent discount!) The day includes age-appropriate games, activities, arts and crafts, playground time and rest. Please provide a packed lunch for each child – we provide snacks. You may sign up for coverage from as early as 7:30 a.m. until 6 p.m. Drop off and pick up is flexible – just ring the doorbell when you arrive. (Christ Lutheran PreSchool is a secure facility and is locked during the day.) Please sign up and pay in advance; classes do fill quickly.
Summer Kids Kamp
Kids Kamp offers a summertime experience for children ages 3 through 9. Older children can take part in Counselor In Training (for children 10 to 12) and Intern Program (for children 13 to 15).
Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy
Christ Lutheran Preschool admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.